Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The positive power of feeling inadequate.

I have a great friend.

She's a chronic over achiever - the kind of person who hasn't really ever failed anything - and this isn't an accident, she's smart, well educated and is quite capable of working anyone else I know into the ground. Most of my life I've been measuring myself against her. It's not flattering.

I've got a bit of an ego, I get excited by new ideas, I leap without looking. She keeps me grounded.

Every time we talk about a new thing I'm doing she gives me her take, generally I feel like a bit of an idiot, get a little depressed and then.... and this is the crucial part....

I make a better decision.

Who in your life makes you feel inadequate?

Have you thanked them lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment